I had the pleasure of chairing an event in Milton Keynes with Public Sector Forums today. Presentations will be on the PSF site from 30 November.
My Slides are here;
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
Twitter posts (Tweets) from the day and the parallel infosecurity sessions are aggregated here.
The day finished with a good discussion on the future of Nomad. I was very pleased to hear that delegates see a role for Nomad going forward and grateful for the kind words of support and thanks for our efforts in saving the community (phoenix from the ashes)!
We talked about plans to build a new web2.0 platform to support the Nomad community and enable groups of common interest to collaborate and share learning.
It was suggested that Nomad should also;
- Have a role in procurement to leverage value for money (including by joining up organisations developing similar solutions)
- Consider a Nomad offer to the private sector
- Act as a strong voice for the public sector including on Gov Connects
- Evidence what didn’t work (‘warts and all’ approach)
- Represent all of the public sector
- Broaden scope to include all technology enabled change (transformation), including use of social media, development of smartphone ‘apps’ and transactional services
- Explore a low cost subscription model (tiered)
- Develop a project database to encourage and facilitate collaboration